Tubing and plumbing pitot

J

Jeff(Guest)

Hi,

I'm the new owner of an EFIS D100 with the optional AOA. So I need to route the probe to the EFIS with tube, sleeve, elbow and so on.
My problem is that I don't find any sellers on the www. Do you know where I can have the needed kit to route the probe to the EFIS ?

Thank you for all

Jeff FERDINAND
Reunion Island

meljordan

Jeff,

Go down to your local hardware or building supply store and by a sufficient legnth of 1/4" (6mm) Nylon or Polyethylene tubing and some 1/4" inside diameter silicon tubing to make the connections. (Aircraft Spruce also sells Aircraft Grade materials). This is really a low pressure application. Just run the tubing from the Pitot AOA line to the D-100, connect with pcs of the silicon tubing and you are done. It is really simple. I used a nylon 1/4" barb to 1/8" NPT connector on the back of the D-100, also from the aviation dept. of ACE hardware. The whole set-up cost less than $5. Works great.

Regards,
Mel Jordan
RV-6A Tucson, Arizona

marvminiely

I'm installing a D10A. Does it matter whether I use elbows or straight fittings on the pitot and static pitot?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
As long as there are no restrictions at the bend (which could delay pressure changes to the EFIS), either will work fine.