Van's RV-12 spar pin status display

danwr

Hello,
I recently purchased an RV-12 with a Skyview HDX. I can't say enough good things about the equipment.

My particular Skyview does not display the status of the spar pins on screen. It does display the status of the canopy latch. In the RV-12 that I trained it was nice to have the spar pin status on the screen.

Is there a way to bring the spar pin status back without removing other items or having to redo anything that has been calibrated?

I found this post:
https://forum.flydynon.com/threads/restore-vans-rv-12-ems-screen-layouts.11648/

but due to the age I'm afraid to try to use the attached file.

Thanks for your help!

Lon

The layout of the HDX display — including which features are displayed — can be set by the pilot. If you haven’t done so already, take a look at the HDX pilot or installation manual. It explains how to select and position the things you want to be able to see while flying. It’s all done with the HDX’s buttons and knobs.

danwr

Thank you for your reply.
I had assumed that the item I wanted to see wasn't available but found that it had just been removed from being displayed by the previous owner. I was able to put it back.

Thanks!

Lon

Glad you were able to do it. When I first bought my RV-12 from its builder, the display didn't have things laid out just the way I wanted them to be, and I spent hours fiddling with the display -- enjoying every minute of it.