Version 4.0 compatability

lbsmith

Hello Dynon. I have two D10a units in my RV. The upper one is the primary flight display and the lower is the HSI (nav display). I am driving the HSI with an CNX-80
(now Garmin-480) The previous version (3.0) was not compatible with the CNX-80. I am VERY HAPPY to report that V4.0 now drives the HSI perfectly. The CDI slews automatically to the course set in the CNX-80. I also have Anywheremap driving the upper flight display and it now also works as advertised. Gps data,cdi course information without the automatic slewing of the cdi. I can slew the cdi manually and sync it in the same manner as the heading bug.
These are the improvements I have been waiting for. Thanks Dynon!

Larry Smith

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Thanks for reporting that! We'll add it to the compatibility list. If you could report how your 480 serial output is configured too (see http://wiki.dynonavionics.com/GPS_Serial_Compatibility_and_Configuration_Settings for what we're looking for) on the 480, we can republish that as well.

lbsmith

I rechecked the configuration of the CNX-80(Garmin-480) and is as follows. Serial port number 1 TX(transmit) is set to MAPCOM at 9600 baud. This configuration works! Thanks again!

Larry Smith