VPX PRO CONTROL

corybull01

I have read to use the Skyview for trim control because the autopilot will auto trim. Makes sense. I'm a little confused about flaps though. Flap motor power will be connected through the VPX. I like the idea of ability of the VPX to provide control of flap speed so I assume it is logical to run the flap sensor (a Ray Allen POS12) through the VPX. Sound about right for those of you using a VPX? If controlled through Skyview, via EMS-220, do I have the same flap speed control options?

jakej

"it is logical to run the flap sensor (a Ray Allen POS12) through the VPX "
that way you have the ability to have flaps operate as momentarily or position based & have an audio warning if the flaps are partly down & your airspeed is going past your nominated flap extension speed. If your aircraft has a flap reflex function then that is catered for as well. Enjoy
;)

Last edited:

Hi Guys,

I'm having issues (new install) with flaps through VP-X. The flap 'dial' does not appear on the HDX. Surely this isn't normal?

Dan

jakej

Dan- you’ll need to go into the EMS Setup screen & ‘configure’ the Flap sensor regardless of whether you have the VPX fitted or not.
HTH.

Finally! Fixed... it was a graphic selection issue. FML

Thanks Jake

I think I’m having the same issue, can you give my a steer to the solution please?

There is menu page where you get to configure the graphics which are displayed.

In my case the hardware setup was all correct but the flap indicator dial was was active in the graphics. This was confusing because the trim graphics worked without any issue, making me believe it was a hardware config problem.... not the case.

None of this info was in the Install/setup guide.

Let me know how you go. Cheers,

Dan

There is menu page where you get to configure the graphics which are displayed.

In my case the hardware setup was all correct but the flap indicator dial was was active in the graphics. This was confusing because the trim graphics worked without any issue, making me believe it was a hardware config problem.... not the case.

None of this info was in the Install/setup guide.

Let me know how you go. Cheers,

Dan

Was not..... not, was was

G-RVMS

Was not..... not, was was
Still no joy.

i have removed the flaps widget from all the screen options (it was the C37 pin 22) but I still can’t find the VPX flap control as a sensor option. On the sensor debug page it is there but not an available sensor to select for the graphics. I must be doing something wrong but have no idea what?

Attachments

• 36AAA375-D537-4498-957A-A2228BA6191C.jpeg
    36AAA375-D537-4498-957A-A2228BA6191C.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 176
  • 604481CE-1699-4D5F-B6E8-41EDE02E96F1.jpeg
    604481CE-1699-4D5F-B6E8-41EDE02E96F1.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 19B12749-74F5-447D-B3CA-710682275CAE.jpeg
    19B12749-74F5-447D-B3CA-710682275CAE.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 197

jakej

It’s amazing how helpful a picture is for troubleshoot :) - the place you need to be looking is in the EMS 20/50/100% & engine band pages. click on sensors & a list will come up with an asterisk alongside those that are active. PM me if you want & we can discuss.

G-RVMS

It’s amazing how helpful a picture is for troubleshoot :) - the place you need to be looking is in the EMS 20/50/100% & engine band pages. click on sensors & a list will come up with an asterisk alongside those that are active. PM me if you want & we can discuss.
Hi, I’m happy for all to see my ongoing woes, as it might help someone else in future. The middle picture is of that page you mention, with the available sensors shown and the VPX flap sensor isn‘t on the drop down list. However, it is recognised somewhere, as it is in the sensor debug page.

G-RVMS

Ok, I’ve (Don at Dynon tech support to be fair) fixed the issue. in the VPX menu in the EMS, the FLAP POSITION was selected to SkyView EMS instead of VPX. As soon as I selected it to VPX, I was able to go into the sensor select for the 20/50/100% display and select flap position for each page, then go into the hardware calibration and set it to the angles I had in the VPX configurator. I thought I was going mad because of all the various settings involved for both the Dynon EMS and the VPX. I now have step presets for the flaps and can see them move in the widget.