Wiring SV-AP-Panel with Safety Trim Intelligent Controller?

Johnh38

I'm having a difficult time getting the Ray Allen T3-12A elevator servo to communicate with the Up/Down buttons on the SV-AP-Panel. As stated in the title, I'm using a TCW Safety Trim module (have been for 4 years) and now want to incorporate the SV-AP-Panel. What is the correct wiring diagram? I have tried both D15M Pins 3 & 4 that go to the Elevator Up & Down on the SP-Panel from the white Ray Allen servo wires. No Joy. So, I tried as the installation manual says (connect the White Wires from the servo to pins 7 & 8 (Motor 1)) No joy here either. I have tried with power and without power to the AP-Panel (since power is coming from the Safety Trim).

Anyone else run into this?

Here is the wiring diagram for the Trim Servo:
https://www.tcwtech.com/wp-content/...nstructions-model-st-2-12v.pdf?v=7516fd43adaa
and the Ray Allen wiring diagram
http://www.rayallencompany.com/RACmedia/instructionsoldT2andT3.pdf

My rocker switch is the hat switch on the stick.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

John

DBRV10

I cannot get my head around why you are doing what you are doing, but the two devices are not compatible. Remove the TCW, and wire the AP panel as per the Dynon manual. End os Story.

The AP panel will give you runaway trim protection, you will not need the TCW. I did this 7 years ago when upgrading to SV from the classics.

Johnh38

I cannot get my head around why you are doing what you are doing, but the two devices are not compatible. Remove the TCW, and wire the AP panel as per the Dynon manual. End os Story.

The AP panel will give you runaway trim protection, you will not need the TCW. I did this 7 years ago when upgrading to SV from the classics.
David,
Thanks for the explanation. I was doing this because the Safety Trim was Installed in 2015 & I didn't want to have to remove it. However, since they are incompatible. I will take your advice and re-wire per the manual.

John