Wx Worx

asaflyer

Probably missed the discusion. What about WX WORX? Will it interface with Sky View?
What are the requirements?

pajfcorg

Let me ask this question in a slightly different fashion.

Back in December there was a string about weather graphics. The suggestion (but not the commitment) was that the WxWorx might be supported as a way to get the XM weather data.

In the Coming Soon section on New Technology Pager there is a reference to Weather Graphics. Can you elaborate?

Does it look like the Weather Graphics will be in the same release as the Multi-Point Flight Planning? Is this only ADS-B or will WxWorx also be supported? If and when WxWorx is supported, will it only be weather, or would XM Music also be supported?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We have not started any work on displaying weather in any way. It will not be part of the upcoming multi-leg flight planning that will be out in just a few weeks.

Because of this, we can't commit to supporting any specific hardware or connection method, and I don't know if it will be feasible for us to support the music side of an XM tuner.

Wish we had a more solid answer for you at this point, but we don't want to make any promises we can't keep.

pajfcorg

So I am a bit confused. Why does the Technology Preview consider Weather Graphics something as Coming Soon, not Top Secret, if you have not started any work on the feature? It sounds like a mixed message. I am not criticizing, only trying to understand the message. And I appreciate your stand of not making promises you are not clear that you can keep. I also appreciate your effort to give future guidance as early as you can.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We do expect to have all the coming soon items before we have the "top secret" items. Weather is on our project schedule, but that doesn't mean that we have done enough work on it to commit to device support.

We think that list still makes sense, but we never meant to give the impression that all coming soon meant it was in the next software release, and if we did we apologize.

keye

I think the last two gaping holes in the Syview, after we get multi-leg flightplanning, have got to be datalogging and the ability to display weather. I hope we see something this year on both fronts.

vasper

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that weather is #1 on my list. I'm holding off on buying anything else (autopilot servos, navigation software, Arinc interface etc) until the weather interface is ready. I'm planning to install it all at once in my dual 7" setup.

hmanvel

I agree. WX should be a high priority, and I now have an xm box so that would be my vote.

jakej

We have to look out the window - that worx too ;D

No chance of getting XM weather here or for free (impossible), and don't get me started on ADSB :'(

Making Mapping and Flight Planning work well will help everyone, not just those in the USA. Realistically, Apps will probably 'fix' what features we can't get.

Jake J

johnsteichen

A garmin 396/496/aera is a much better solution to your weather needs. The garmin provides WX plus gives you a small back up panel in the event of system failure. I sold my weather worx box several years ago on ebay because it was not nearly as reliable as the garmin

snowyriver

For some of us(AK) the Garmin's not solution because of our lattitude. I'd take some weather any way I can get it!