Zulu Time

XDT

Whats with the Zulu time being displayed in 12hour format???
Is this some kind of American thing as in Oz we use 24hour format. Is there some way to change it.

Also I found that setting the times is very dodgy, there seems to be a software glitch trying to move the cursor and setting the Local time!

Peter

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The format of the clocks (zulu and local) are set in:

EMS > SETUP > CLOCK > FORMAT

You can choose 12 or 24 hour format. This is covered on page 7-3 of the EMS user guide.

The thing you see with setting local time is not a bug. Zulu minutes and local minutes are always the same, so we don't let you set local minutes. Set your zulu time first. Then go and adjust your local hours. There are a few places in the world where the local time is 30 minutes off zulu time, so we let you change local tens of minutes, but there's no reason to let you change local single minutes.

XDT

Thanks, that does make sence and I am in .5 hour location so that clears the confusion (perhaps Zulu should be the first time in stead of the second time). I know you can set the 24 hour format however this then changes both local and Zulu time. I would like to use local time in 12 hour format however cannot think of any reason anyone would use zulu time in 12 hour format (hence the question).

Cheers
Peter