XM weather

PYoder

Any chance we’ll ever be able to display XM weather on HDX displays as opposed to ADSB weather?

Rhino

I imagine he's referring to the one that's more widely available as opposed to the one that isn’t. FIS-B weather isn’t available at lower altitudes in many areas, and doesn't include features that XM does. And if he already has XM, then cost obviously isn’t an issue for him. Wanting it on the HDX would be just a matter of convenience, and folks ask for that stuff all the time. I'm cheap though. I get weather at low altitude over cellular. But that doesn't display on an EFIS either. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for either one to show up on an HDX.

Marc_J._Zeitlin

Yes - the one that works all the time, has more frequent updates and higher resolution.
Garmin's G3X has the ability to receive Sirius XM weather through either the GDL-51R or GDL-52R modules. Some incentive for Dynon (although that never actually seems to incentivize them - I've been trying to get them to spit out AGL in their datastream and output data for years now (which Garmin can do), but <crickets>. Along with auto fallover of A/P control if an EFIS dies, and, and, and...

I love my HDXs, but they could be even better.

airguy

I imagine he's referring to the one that's more widely available as opposed to the one that isn’t. FIS-B weather isn’t available at lower altitudes in many areas, and doesn't include features that XM does. And if he already has XM, then cost obviously isn’t an issue for him. Wanting it on the HDX would be just a matter of convenience, and folks ask for that stuff all the time. I'm cheap though. I get weather at low altitude over cellular. But that doesn't display on an EFIS either. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for either one to show up on an HDX.
Fair enough, I almost never fly at low altitudes, wasn't thinking about that scenario.

PilotMelch

A lot of us not only fly at lower altitudes, it is nice with XM Weather to get the weather on the ground, not just when airborne (and 10-20 minutes after you're at an altitude to receive it). XM is superior to FIS-B weather and worth the subscription cost. I too wish Dynon would figure it out. There used to be a few non-Garmin receivers, but Garmin seems to be the only game in town these days with XM weather support. I have been a loyal Dynon supporter for a long time, but Garmin seems to be doing some things that just don't seem to be appearing at Dynon.