1978 Grumman Tiger Panel

VIFlyer

Here are some photos (beyond the cardboard wish list), I did pick it up and so far only 2 minor problems, one was the leads were reversed on one cylinder temp probe (fixed immediately) and the 2nd has to do with the Surefly mag needed less resistance feeding the Dynon so that when testing the right mag it doesn't zero out. (SureFly gave us the fix) The big open spot on the right is for a future 7" panel (if wanted) but for now it is blanked and a iPad is mounted there. The iPad connects (via WiFi) to the Avidyne and I use it split screen IFD100/Foreflight. More pics later. The small piece of windshield in the second and third picture is used to protect the aluminum while giving great access. In the last picture the rectangular cutout is for the (hint, hint) eventual (hopefully soon) Dynon Autopilot.

IMG_7043.jpeg
IMG_7042.jpeg
IMG_7040.jpeg
IMG_7046.jpeg
IMG_7054.jpeg
62904644769__BC015941-00F1-4C1A-ABFE-7D782B5EE774.jpeg
IMG_7082.jpeg
IMG_7109.jpeg

Corefile

Wow that looks amaze balls!! Congrats, looking forward to hearing the pirep - the space above the audio panel is a holder for the autopilot and the AP disconnect button I assume? I put those holders in as well - now we all wait for the AP bingo game of when our model of aircraft gets the AP, just in case I put a space for a 2” round Aerocruz AP if I get tired of waiting for the Dynon AP.

Hypercheetah

I am getting ready to do a dynon upgrade in my 78 tiger. Any “gotchas” I should look out for?

VIFlyer

Not any particular gotchas that I remember. As you can see the windscreen was removed.. We had a small strip of an old windshield that was put in to protect the metal from getting bent over, I highly reccomend using something to protect it. Since I took all of the old stuff out it was pretty straightforward... Check the insulation on your firewall, if it needs replaced now is the time. Keeping the glove box is up to you, but it does take up a lot of space on the small panel of these planes.... If you do have an electronic mag (I have surefly as noted above) they have an extra part called the "Tach 2" needed to give the correct voltage for the tach when checking magnetos. I left a space for a 7" screen to the right, I now have mounted a full sized iPad there. Not sure if I will ever put in the extra screen... One thing to consider is placement of the EFIS-10A I would consider moving it to the middle by the stack... Overall I am very happy with the whole setup and it went fairly smooth.

I hope this helps.

Spert

Only issue I am having is I am unable to load hi-res terrain, or I am just getting an error.
Did you ever figure out the issue with the hi res terrain? I have just picked up my new HDX configuration and have the same problem.

VIFlyer

Did you ever figure out the issue with the hi res terrain? I have just picked up my new HDX configuration and have the same problem.
Yes, I had tried to download both north and south america hi res terrain and had loaded south america first. The system only allows one area at a time. I had to delete the south america and and then add north america on the on plane database. I kept the south america on the usb drive if I ever need it, I can just delete NA and add SA

Spert

Yes, I had tried to download both north and south america hi res terrain and had loaded south america first. The system only allows one area at a time. I had to delete the south america and and then add north america on the on plane database. I kept the south america on the usb drive if I ever need it, I can just delete NA and add SA
Thanks