262 Series Transponder Inoperative Resolved

alschief

I have just installed and set up the transponder interface with the skyview and a 262 series Transponder. I have an error message on the Skyview for the transponder inoperative. I do not see or rrecieved serial data for the transponder, the sky view shows transmit counts.
I have double checked the wiring and set up. We are hoooked to the # 4 Serial ports on the Skyview.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Re: 262 Series Transponder Inoperative

That sounds like it's either not getting power, or the serial port isn't connected and configured correctly. Or the module isn't working. They've been pretty bulletproof so far though. Give our tech support a call at 425-402-0433

alschief

Re: 262 Series Transponder Inoperative

The problem is resolved. Found a loose power connection for the avionics switch. There is no fault visable indciation that power was available to the transponder. That makes it a little harder to troubleshoot. I had checked power initialy but the problem was a reversal of the Serial Tarns/Rec lines at first. Upon resolving that issue, did not realize I had lost the power to the unit. It took a little time to come back to the power verification.

fonzzzo

I love flying!
Hi,

I have just installed the sky view transponder, and I can´t switching "on", or "alt", or "auto". It is just in "stand by" mode all the time, and when I push the "on", "auto" or "alt" bottons does not change the position to anyone mode.
thanks

jakej

fon

Did you change the tail # to something else other than Dynon ? If not, then that has to be done as per the install manual ;)

Jake J

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It's both the tail number and ICAO hex code that need to be set to exit standby.