3.0 software and screen flicker

peter.braswell

All,
I upgraded my SV system this evening and I encountered a very strange problem that wasn't present with version 2.6.

After I updated the software images, terrain and nav database, everything works just fine. When I turned on my SL30 the SV screen started to flicker. When I turned the SL30 off, the flickering stops.

Anybody else experience this? I'm tempted to roll back to version 2.6.

Peter

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The whole screen, or just the map and synvis?

Any chance you can send a video to support at dynonavionics dot com?

peter.braswell

Thanks for the response. I will get out to the airport and shoot some video. I saw Jason's flicker video and my system flickers much worse than his.

-Peter

peter.braswell

Thanks for the response.  I will get out to the airport and shoot some video.  I saw Jason's flicker video and my system flickers much worse than his.

-Peter

Update:
I must be losing my marbles. I went out to the hanger this morning with the intention of video taping my flicker issue. I turned on the SV and then the SL-30 and had NO issues/flickering.

The ONLY difference that I can think of is that I had my USB drive plugged in last time and this time I didn't. I don't know if that would/could make any difference, but that's the only thing that I can think of that was different.

Sorry guys for the fire drill.

Peter