337 Process

billrod

I have a Davtron OAT/Density Alt device mounted in the panel of my certified aircraft. I'd like to replace it with the Dynon EFIS device. Does anybody out there have any experience with getting a field approval for this installation?

It seems like it would not be a big deal since the device does not replace any required instrument and does not require connection to any system (other than elect).

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Bill

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Bill,
The Dynon EFIS requires a connection to your pitot and static lines to operate properly.

W

Wes Ryan(Guest)

According the FAA Order 8300.10 guidance the ASI would use to sign off on a 337 for this system, the installation of an EFIS requires an STC. Also, until the procuct is TSO approved, you may run into problems with continued airworthiness in the future, since many an ASI would be reluctant to sign off on the design approval and airworthiness of an electronic display system that did not hold basic TSO C-113 approval and that had not been tested according to DO-160D for environmental qualification. AC 23.1311 regarding electronic displays might help shed some light on the subject of installation approval for electronic displays.

My 2 cents.

Twomoons

I have a Cessna 172 and got a field approval to install the D10A. I don't wish to discuss it in this open forum but will exchange emails on the subject. Contact me at johnr@andycable.com