430W with Multiple CDI outputs

MikeB

Hello,

In my panel I am planning using a competitors EFIS and your D10A with a Garmin 430W. Is it possible to output the Nav/Glideslope information to both EFIS's simultaneously by using the ARINC 429 connection (Assuming I use the HS34)? All of the wiring examples the Garmin installation manual show are using only one external CDI with the 430W.

Thanks,
Mike Bullock

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You can split the 430's ARINC-429 transmit lines to multiple devices (assuming your other EFIS has an ARINC converter or HS34-like thing), but the 420 can only receive back ARINC-429 from one of the devices to set the OBS. We recommend the HS34 for that :D

PilotKris

You are goning to get some "weirdness" in VOR/LOC mode with that setup as the 430 will be getting the OBS only from one indicator and the CDI will indicate the the same thing on both indicators even tough the actual selected course might be different.

I don't know if "selected course" is in the ARINC 429 data stream or if the competitor's HSI will pick it up. If both are true, the HS-34 could be used to select the course on both displays.

Good luck