A/P control panel issue after 16.4.4 installation

ned

I love flying!
Recently installed 16.4.4. Expert a/p mode. I routinely decouple trk/hdg with the ap panel basically leaving a/p in altitude hold while I meander around the sky viewing the scenery or allowing a passenger to steer the aircraft. After 16.4.4 the trk/hdg buttons will now not disengage either mode when depressing. I am able to engage with either button. Using through efis, the on screen trk/hdg buttons work normally. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

sagebrush

I have recently installed Dynon and I am learning the system. I have the same issue and thought I was doing something wrong. I ended up having to turn off the A/P and also the flight director to get it disconnected. Did you find out what solved the problem?

Solana

I love flying!
I think in 16.4.3 they changed it so you had to hold the button down for about 2 seconds to disengage. Might that be the problem?

Reactions: ned

RV8JD

Yep, changed in v16.4.0:

"Changed: To turn off a single axis of autopilot in expert mode, a 2 second press/hold is now required. This reduces the opportunity to accidentally disengage one axis by pushing a mode button that is already engaged."

ned

I love flying!
A
Yep, changed in v16.4.0:

"Changed: To turn off a single axis of autopilot in expert mode, a 2 second press/hold is now required. This reduces the opportunity to accidentally disengage one axis by pushing a mode button that is already engaged."

A/P works as you described. Thanks for the info.