ADAHRS cross check Altitude Error

RudiGreyling

Support,

I have a dual screen duel AHARDS 10" Skyview system. Since I upgraded to Software version 5.x I get an intermittent Altitude cross check error on every 2nd flight or so. It can occur 5 mins into the flight or even up to 30 mins into the flight.

Where do i start to trouble shoot?

Thank you in advance,
Rudi

skydancer

RV-7 O-360 CS Prop. Dual Skyviews/AHRS. TruTrak AP
Did you get in the configuration mode and did the "compare"? it will pop up two PFD on your display, then you can compare the Heading and Altitude difference between the two ADAHRS.

Would you get back to us with your finding? I have similar issue with my ADAHRS.

According to Dynon, firmware 5.1 suppose to fix the problem, may require you to go through the calibration routine once again.

My 10" display is on the way back to me from Dynon, once I get it, I'll go through the calibration routine and report the result here.

Please record the difference between the two ADAHRS before you do the calibration, so you have a good idea of what's been changed after the calibration. It's a wonderful feature that Dynon put in the new firmware.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So if it's altitude, and it's not way off when you go into the compare mode, one thing you can do to sync them is to use the SETUP MENU > HARDWARE CALIBRATION > ADAHRS CALIBRATION > ALTITUDE ADJUST function. Let the system warm up for a while (30 minutes is ideal), then, making sure the baro is correct for your location, spin the altitude adjust until the alttitude is correct for your location. That will actually sync all of the ADAHRSes in the aircraft. If the altitude is already correct when you're in that adjust menu, just make sure to click into the altitude adjust submenu and press the accept button. Then exit, and hopfully that'll fix it. If it doesn't, give our tech support staff at call and they can help you further.

RudiGreyling

Thank you,

it is ALTITUDE, and at a quick glance it was +/- 100 ft difference or so, but never more than 200ft.

I will run the ADAHRS calibration again, cause I have not done it recently (past year)...and report back my findings after the weekend.

Kind Regards
Rudi