Adahrs message and A/P trim requirement

Rapidshot

I love flying!
I have skyview d1000 on left and d700 on the right side, i often get a message which wants me to compare the values , the values on the comparison screen seem to be equal,

Then during level flight the Ap wants me to put in nose up trim, once again, then slip begins, when i disengage the ap, the aircraft has a power on stall tendency which needs immediate response,

I wonder if it is a hardware or software problem

dlloyd

I had an ongoing problem with the AP requesting trim up even though not really needed. Discussed a couple times via phone then returned to Dynon as an exchange. Worked fine ever since.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
I have skyview d1000 on left and d700 on the right side, i often get a message which wants me to compare the values , the values on the comparison screen seem to be equal,

Then during level flight the Ap wants me to put in nose up trim, once again, then slip begins, when i disengage the ap, the aircraft has a power on stall tendency which needs immediate response,

I wonder if it is a hardware or software problem

The ADAHRS CROSS CHECK ERROR(S) only displays when there's a significant difference in value of at least one primary parameter. As part of the message, it will tell you which parameter it alerted on. See the section ADAHRS Redundancy and Cross-Checking, page 4-3 in the current SkyView Pilot's User Guide for a detailed explanation.

Your pitch servo requires repair - contact Dynon Avionics Technical Support - 425-402-0433 or support@dynonavionics.com.

Rapidshot

I love flying!
if i have one pitot tube, is cross check still an issue, i assume they are fed by one source and parameters must be the same,

do i miss anything here at this point,

thank you

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Rapidshot - It can be a hardware or a pitot/static connectivity problem, regardless of if you have one of two pitots. But first, what are the instrument(s) that you are are being told do not match? You will see that in the message that pops up on your display before you press compare.

Rapidshot

I love flying!
Hi Support,

it says altitude cross check error, can it be the cause of unusual pitch servo command like not being able to maintain altitude, all parameters are set to default values and torque as 100%, i think even that setting is too high for my airplane, normally you can fly it by using two fingers only,

the thing i dont understand is why a brandnew servo does not properly work after first 10 hours, there are a lot of cases like mine i read on web,

here in my country there are on going discussions , the training aircrafts should be conventional, all instruments should seperately be certified, etc etc,

and as a supporter of RTC light aircrafts to be used for training purposes, i am really surprised to encounter such a problem

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Generically, those two issues aren't going to be related. The altitude cross-check error means that the altitude being measured by both ADAHRS are disagreeing for an extended period at times. Give our support team a call at 425-402-0433 for further personal help with your products.