Add Aithre devices to sensor files, please

swatson999

I've asked this before, and it's been several updates which included new sensor definition files since then, and still no joy. Can you *please* add the Aithre devices into the sensor definition files, so that I don't have to manually edit them every. single. time. (After I forget about this, and load the .duc file, and see the config err message on the CO monitor, naturally).

CarlosQ

I've asked this before, and it's been several updates which included new sensor definition files since then, and still no joy. Can you *please* add the Aithre devices into the sensor definition files, so that I don't have to manually edit them every. single. time. (After I forget about this, and load the .duc file, and see the config err message on the CO monitor, naturally).
Hello swatson999,
I been reading about Aithre and I would like to install it in my plane. Could you tell me how your experience has been, where you install it? how was the installation? installation manual, what you can see in the screen? etc.

Any information you can give me will be highly appreciated.

swatson999

It was a very easy installation...a few wires to the EMS (I don't recall if it needs +5V or not at the moment), then add it as a sensor, pick a display widget and done. I put it up under the dash with some double stick tape, and it's been flawless since. Not to mention dead on balls accurate (it's an industry term :) ). The only annoyance was having to download the sensor config file and manually add it every time Dynon updated theirs, since they kept not adding it to the list, but I think that's been addressed now.

CarlosQ

It was a very easy installation...a few wires to the EMS (I don't recall if it needs +5V or not at the moment), then add it as a sensor, pick a display widget and done. I put it up under the dash with some double stick tape, and it's been flawless since. Not to mention dead on balls accurate (it's an industry term :) ). The only annoyance was having to download the sensor config file and manually add it every time Dynon updated theirs, since they kept not adding it to the list, but I think that's been addressed now.
Thanks you! If you don't mind, please let me how was your experience with 17.1....

swatson999

No can do. SV Classic Touch...16.7.0 is the latest version for that series.

swatson999

Oh, and it looks like it was NOT added to the SV Classic/Touch 16.7.0 Engine Sensor Definition file that was published on 8/24.

This sort of thing makes me start to worry that SV-Touch is slowly losing support from Dynon...

kurtfly

I love flying!
It is very easy to add a sensor calibration. In fact, I have a custom sensor file that I reload after every SV software update. It is simple. Takes about 10 seconds longer.

kurt

swatson999

It is very easy to add a sensor calibration. In fact, I have a custom sensor file that I reload after every SV software update. It is simple. Takes about 10 seconds longer.

kurt
I know that (clearly, as I mentioned it several times already), I'm just mildly irritated that Dynon has had years now to add this one and for some reason won't.

HEB1022

I know that (clearly, as I mentioned it several times already), I'm just mildly irritated that Dynon has had years now to add this one and for some reason won't.
Keep in mind, Aithre has 2 unique sensor files, depending on how the electric plumbing is set up. These are called “enhanced pin” and “standard”. The sensor now included by Dynon is the enhanced version. May not work for all configurations.

swatson999

Last edited: