Adding d100 and hs34 to existing d10a

Shemp

I love flying!
Hello all, new poster. I'm adding a D100 and HS34 to my TV with existing D10A. I have a GX50 gps and SL30 nav/com. I'm also gonna be supplyinG a trutrak autopilot. Has anyone done this? Suggestions?

Thanks

Shemp

I love flying!
OK, I need to expand on this a bit.  I'm trying to figure out how to wire this up.  I have a GX 50 and SL 30 as well as a D10a, D100, and HS 34.  I also have a tru trak vizion auto pilot.

I'm guessing I need to split my gps signal somehow to feed the hs34 and the autopilot(vizion) separately.  So one of the gps feeds, as well as my sl30 nav signal, goes to the hs34, then to the d100 as primary and then dsab to the d10a.  My goal is to use my d10a as a dedicated dg and an emergency backup attitude indicator.  I also have an audio select panel, an annuciator control unit and a gps/vor/loc/gs indicator.  Currently, the d10a is not connected to any electronics but my wiring harness is built for it. 

Sorry this got so long and detailed.  Im hoping to get a general idea on how this will work and then decide if I need to hire it out. 

Oh yeah, Im adding this to my RV, not TV  ;)

Thanks

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
You basically have it nailed. The Vizion and the Dynon don't directly talk to each other or control each other, but your GPS output can be split to feed both. Everything else is correct: GPS and SL30 go to the HS34.

Shemp

I love flying!
Will the hs34 be able to convert the serial input from the gx50 to arinc? Then use that arinc signal to provide gpss to the vizion?

Thx

ploucandco

You need a DB30 on the GPSS serial output of the GX50 in order to convert it to ARINC (GPSS). Send me a PM if you want the installation manual of the DB30.

But better send TxD1 of the GX50 to one serial input of the HX34 (the second one is taken by the SL30). And TxD2 of the GX50 (configured for GPSS) to the Trutrak Vision.