Adding EGT to Rotax/Vans RV12

rampilot

I'd like to add EGT probes to the two Rotax cyls that aren't currently 'probed'. So I'll need to tweak and re-load the .dgf file to tell SV that c25_p8/20 and c25_p10/22 are now ETG sensors, but I think the Vans-supplied software is configured in such a manner that, according to another thread, "it's a file that has been hand edited to only update the elements that are important for the RV-12". (For example, if I try to rename "EGRR" to "EGT3" in sensor mapping, it's wigit disappears.)

In order to add probes to cyls 1 & 2 (and rename the other two), what else would need to be done?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So first, if you asked Phil Lockwood if it's necessary to monitor to monitor the other two, he'd say something like "nah, you can't do anything about it anyway, because of airflow they often read different than the other two, and people get confused, and the most direct thing they tell you is whether the carbs are balanced, which on per gets you". Anyway, if you do want to add them, there's nothing that you can't change by by editing BOTH the pin mapping and the page layouts in the normal setup menu structure. You may need to re-add new widgets with all four EGTs, and you might run into some practical space constraints on the 20% page, but there's nothing fundamentally stopping you here.