Airmate question - does it include US Aviation/Obstacle?

Jboyle

Hi all
A silly question; but am reading conflicting info: Does the $49 Airmate subscription update the core Dynon aviation/obstacle database as well as provide charts?

Goal is to simplify the downloads and update process. Bought a new plane - Dual HDX with Garmin 175. Previous owner had an SA subscription.

I am a Mac user; don't have a PC. Best understanding is Dynon downloads require a PC. SA downloads can be done via Mac (but are a pain). Airmate (seemingly) uses Mac or iOS reasonably well.

My thought was to buy an Airmate subscription and that it would include the aviation/obstacle database so that I am only dealing with one download and update monthly.

Appreciate any info!

RV6-KPTW

AirMate does have aviation data but… I like the provided Dynon av/obs data better. I download the Dynon data and the Airmate plate and Low IFR chart data and they coexist nicely. It is low effort to download and use the Dynon data in lieu of the Airmate Av/Obs data.

I won’t compare and contrast the two datasets. Try Airmate then Dynon and pick. Airmate is worth it for the plates alone.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Airmate does roll-up their own aviation/obstacles data. It's muchly sourced from the same places we get our data, so they should be close, but because they're processed differently, there may be slight differences.