Altitude Hold Advice on Pusher "T" tailwing

mhatfield

Hi, can any one provide some advice on configuring the Pitch servo or share set up parameters for a pusher "T" tailwing ..

I've been doing some experimentation but not able yet to find the sweet spot for the pitch servo...the plane tends to go in to a wave movement aiming to find the desired altitude...

Colyaer Martin3 Rotax 100ULS //D180+AP74+2 Servos

Thanks in advance

led

Hi Merton,

The tuning instructions that are included with Skyview 6.0 will provide a useful reference for you when working with your autopilot.

You can get it here:
http://www.dynonavionics.com/downloads/Install_Guides/SkyView_Autopilot_In-Flight_Tuning_Guide-Rev_A_Software_v6.0.pdf

Because the D-180 does not have an airspeed command, that portion of the tuning guide does not directly apply to you, but you can do the following:
[olist]
[*]Verify that you are not getting any SLIP indications in flight.  If you are, you'll need to increase your torque setting
[*]Verify that the connection between the servo and elevator allows a minimum of lost motion
[*]Determine if the AP climbs smoothly and holds a the vertical speed you have selected.  Use the airspeed tuning guide to improve vertical speed performance.  Generally this wil require an increase in sensitivity,  If you have already set the sensitivity to the maximium, start over with the default.
[*]Once vertical speed hold is acceptable, go on to the altitude guide.  You can use this for the D-180 as is.  I suspect that you have ALT GAIN too high, but make sure the vertical speed hold is good before changing that.
[/olist]
Hope that helps!

mhatfield

Hey Lawrence,

Thanks for your input.. I will follow them this next weekend ...

Happy Landings..!

mhatfield

Hey Lawrence,

I followed your recommendation last Weekend and everything seems to be working fine...i will do some more testing this next weekend

Thanks & happy landings