Altitude hold

lindsayj

My D10A/HS34/Alt Hold combo holds altitude beautifully, especially in smooth air, but about 10 feet below the bug setting. In the interest of perfection, is there any way to adjust this disparity to zero difference? Thanks, Jack L.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The AP does have some damping so it doesn't get spastic around an EXACT number, but, what are some examples of exact altitudes that you've seen this around?

lindsayj

The AP does have some damping so it doesn't get spastic around an EXACT number, but, what are some examples of exact altitudes that you've seen this around?
Seems to be any hard altitude you choose like 6500, 6000, 7000. Not a big deal but it will fly 10 feet below whatever you set, consistently. I'm wanting to be right on, but 10 feet is no big deal. You just can't do anything about it evidently. I'm used to S-tec where you can bump the altitute a little with VS. I was looking for some way that I can't find in the documentation...thanks for helping...Jack L.

lindsayj

Seems to be any hard altitude you choose like 6500, 6000, 7000. Not a big deal but it will fly 10 feet below whatever you set, consistently. I'm wanting to be right on, but 10 feet is no big deal. You just can't do anything about it evidently. I'm used to S-tec where you can bump the altitute a little with VS. I was looking for some way that I can't find in the documentation...thanks for helping...Jack L.
I should have added that holding 10 feet below steady and consistently is quite impressive actually. The Alt Hold in my plane, RV-8A is very good with torque and sensitivity maxed out...jack

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
A couple of questions: if you tweak the baro a tad to get it "on altitude", does it fly back off?

Does alt adjust have a non-zero value?

Brantel

Mine also does this as I reported to Paul...(RE Case 47124)

It happens no matter what is set for the desired altitude, it always settles about 10 low of the setpoint.

While I have not tried to adjust the baro, my gut feel is that it would still settle 10 below the setpoint, the alt would just be off.

Don't want to go much further with the detail on this thread since I am running Alpha software...

lindsayj

A couple of questions: if you tweak the baro a tad to get it "on altitude", does it fly back off?

I'll let you know next week...jack

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You know, we could just call this a feature - you know, and anti-collision offset. Automatically set! :)

We'll look into it.

lindsayj

I'll let you know next week...jack
It's been awhile but I finally stumbled onto a solution: all you need to do is manually tweak the bug 10 feet using the EFIS Autopilot Bug menu. It'd be really nice to be able to do so on the HS34 but you can't. Maybe in SkyView or AP76...do you think? Jack L.

SORINBOCHIS

when i engage ALT hold the aircraft starts to descend smooth but continuously
do you have any ideea
the rest of the modes are working ok

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Which product line? Do you have any of the bug sync modes altered?