Ammeter reads 50 Amps continously

DerekH

I love flying!
My new Skyview reads 50 amps continously, even after I disconnected both wires off the shunt, even when the engine is not running or running. Any thoughts ?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Without the shunt signal wires connected to the shunt, connect them to each other. Still 50A?

DerekH

I love flying!
Yes, still reads 50amps

Attachments

• Ammeter_Screen_Shot.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 150
  • Ammeter_Sensor_Data.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 156
  • Ammeter_Sensor_Input_Mapping.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 148

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So one more thought here - there's either an issue with the module, or, if one of the wires in the harness was either broken, or if the pin wasn't seated in the connector, you can get the same response. So the last thing to do here is to confirm that both amps shunt wires have full continuity from connector pin to the end of the wire. Also make sure that the connector pin is fully seated in the connector (if it's retracted in the connector, it might not be making contact with the module side of things.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Also, please check that your amps input is configured correctly. This could just be you having it set up to read amps from a different input than the one you are expecting.

An additional check can be done in the SENSOR DEBUG PAGE where you can see the voltage on the AMPS input pins. It should read zero when shorted, and 0.050V when at 50A.

DerekH

I love flying!
Ive checked the connector that plugs into the EMS module, all good.There are no bent pins or misalignment when it is plugged in.

Ive also checked the continuity of both shunt wires, I buzzed them from the plug end back to where they connect to the shunt, all good.

When I short the 2 wires out the sensor debug data  changes 47.42 to 47.46 O/C

Any other ideas ?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
When they're not shorted what do you see? And for both cases, which column (there are 3) on the sensor debug page are you reporting? It is sounding like we should have a look at your module.

DerekH

I love flying!
Here are the pictures of the sensor data, one is with the shunt wires shorted together, the other is open circuit

Attachments

• image_032.jpg
    image_032.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 128
  • image_033.jpg
    image_033.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 128

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Yeah, we should probably have a look at your SV-EMS-220 module. Give our support team a call at 425-402-0433 or an email at support at dynonavionics dot com so that we can help you further here.