Analog Trim Position in Skyview HDX

Vandal996

Is there a way to send the manual elevator trim position to Skyview.
I have a Rutan Defiant with two springs and a rotating knob on the panel. The jointed silver and green rod in the pic is the rotating trim knob adjustment.
Thanks.
1000028372.jpg

Rhino

If you put a position sensor potentiometer on it, yes, Skyview can display it. Ray Allen makes position sensors for aircraft, and I'm sure others do as well.

vlittle

I use threaded rod and clevis parts from the R/C world to connect to Ray-Allen position sensors. Here,s an example of a flaps position sensor linkage.

1714233313507.jpeg

1714232831752.jpeg

Last edited:

skysailor

Any linear potentiometer can be used. I needed one with much longer travel for the Glasair I built. I needed it to have 3" travel. Got one from Ebay that had about 5" so I didn't have to try to construct a tiny bellcrank just for the sensor. The calibration in the Skyview is the same since it only uses voltage. Works great!

Danerazz

You could also use a rotary potentiometer with an arm/pushrod, or gears, or belt/cogs. Pretty much any way you can get a potentiometer to interact with the desired control. And, yes, the more of the POT range you can utilize the better.