Another AP Performance - Review

timfwalsh01

Folks,

I am on a family vacation and just finished up a three hour cross country trip.  I have a Velocity 173FG with the EFIS D10A, EMS-D10, HS34/AP74, and both AP servos.  I also have a GNS-430, and a Garmin 496.   Both GPSes are slaved via the Approach Stack System.

I easily switch the NAV inputs with the HS34 (I typically have the entire route in the 496, it flies it automatically, and the next waypoint in the 430).  

I flew at 7,500 ft, and had a 37 knot crosswind.  I am happy to report the both the NAV function, and Altitude hold were rock solid.  

I am very happy with the Dynon products, and the timely support they offer on this forum.  

I am currently undergoing IFR training, I will continue to explore the other capabilities.  

This is not a paid political announcement -:)  Tim

DBRV10

Yep I would agree.... they work well. I have just replaced a dodgey rod end eye on the elevator servo link, which had lots of slop in it, and also the shear screw problem (I thought this one had been factory done....perhaps not) and I expect to report even better results.

I keep harping on about this, but for IFR ops... the proposed AP76 is really what is required.

I hope we see it later in the year!

DB :)

DBRV10

Latest report in from my B744 Captain aircraft partner is that after mnay hours of solid lumpty IMC and heavy rain...... The Auto Pilot and the -10 performed well.

The climb and descend rate in the AP74 is useless in anything other than smooth air, so that requires disconnecting the ALT function and doing the V/S yourself. I know I keep harping on but the extra development for the AP76 functionality will be well worth it.

Other than that its a great bit of kit!

DB :)