Any issue with GPS fix under new release 15.4.7?

hagendav

I love flying!
Hello,

I updated yesterday my Skyview D700 with the latest release
15.4.7 which performed also a full update of all network components. I made two flights: During the first one the GPS worked well and since this flight the GPS is not able to make any fix. I didn't touch any component physically that could lead to an antenna disconnection.

Looking to the Serial Port 5 (the GPS), it shows that the GPS is sending data.

Does someone have an idea if this is a bug of the 15.4.7 release or how could I better investigate this problem?

Regards,

David

Last edited:

Ricardo Godoy

The opposite happened to me, with the new update sv-gps-250 came back to work. but returned without complete precision.

owenssonex

My hdx1100 and gps2020 works MUCH better after the upgrade in regard to initial signal lock in. Does your GPS status indictate an update is available?

hagendav

I love flying!
When I installed the release, it seems that every component was upgraded. What I remember is the mention of GPS-2020 during the process as mine is a 250 model...

I will investigate also in this direction.

Thanks for sharing your view.

David

My hdx1100 and gps2020 works MUCH better after the upgrade in regard to initial signal lock in. Does gage your GPS status indictate an update is available?

Carpe diem

I lost the GPS Position Signal last 9 June and obliged to come back crossing all Italy from South to Nord without GPS, only with compass and clock...
After all controls (absence of GPS signal fix, signal errors, correct connections) was evident the failure of the SV250 GPS, that Dynon sent to me, solving all problems on my D1000+D700.

hagendav

I love flying!
Thank you for your important feedback. Just to confirm my comprehension: Did you solved the problem by changing the GPS (hardware failure) or by software?

Thanks,

David

Carpe diem

My problem born with the old software, updated when back at home the 10 June at release 15.4.7 Eu version, but the signal was always absent: so, I solved by changing the Antenna Receiver SV 250 GPS, once sure of the failure. The Dynon Support has always been at my help.

WmInce

Dynon Tech Support is stellar.
That's why many of us keep coming back.
Keep up the good work, Dynon!