Any Updates on the Advanced A/P and Panel Radio Mo

pajfcorg

It has been a few months since I have seen any updates on the Advanced Autopilot or the panel mounted radio module. Any updates, comments or other information about either of these option?

Do you have the final dimensions yet?

Is support likely to be in the 4.1 firmware? Speaking of 4.1, any hints as to what that will include?

Any tidbits would be greatly appreciated.

Phil

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
No updates.

5.0 is the next update. The BIG feature there is the SV-ADSB-470 support, which adds traffic and WX to SkyView for US customers. There's of course some other things in there too, but the big one is the ADS-B based traffic and weather

Beyond that, AP features are the next "big" thing on the list, and we'll have more to share soon.

pajfcorg

So what I think I am hearing is that ADSB-470/5.0 may well be a stocking stuffer this Christmas and the Advanced A/P is probably (but not committed) some time early/mid next year.
I am also hearing that the radio module is probably out beyond that?

Am I hearing the communication clearly?

Phil

jakej

As clearly as Dynon can/will make it, I believe - don't you think that Dynon will be adding features asap ?  No manufacturer wants to drag the chain & let the opposition gain an advantage.

They've always been 'up front' IMO & will prioritise updates as necessary.

I think we all need a reality check here - these manufacturers are in the 'experimental aircraft' market & offer 3 years warranty on most, if not all, products & at a good price - that doesn't happen in the Certified market.

Product features - how many of us use all , or most, of the features in our phone/iPad/computers - nothing wrong with asking for something to be added but please don't demand it, I rather see existing or distant past features be fully developed or bug proof  ;)

Jake J

My .02 worth

Jake J

pajfcorg

Jake --

My apologies if it sounded like I was demanding anything. My desire was not to make a demand.

In the past Dynon has be kind enough to share some of their future directions. It has been a few months since they shared and I was just curious as to whether there was more they could share with the community.

I am a big fan on unambiguous communication. That is why I repeated back what I thought I heard, much the way I would on a radio.

Phil

jakej

Phil

Please don't take offence, I was generalising & NOT directing my comments at you or anyone in particular - sorry that you may have thought I was 'flaming' you. :-[

Jake J