AP-74 acting strange.

kboyd59

When My AP-74 is turned on all the lights come on for a few seconds and then go off at that time I can use the knob to set the heading, bar, alt, this is how it has been working sense I installed it several months ago. Now out of the blue when I turn it on the lights come on and go off after a few seconds but then It starts blinking about every 3 or 4 seconds, when the lights are on the knob will not work. I ran new dsab wires from the AP-74 and nothing has changed. I am still working on the plane and there are no servos connected to the AP-74.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
That indicates that the AP74 is losing communication with the rest of the system (when all of the lights are on). Do you get an error message on the screen?

kboyd59

I called and talked to your tech rep he advised to upgrade my D-180 and AP-74. I did this and the lights still blinked, frustrated I turned everything off for the day, The next day I fired everything up and the blinking had stopped. I guess the D-180 is just like my computer once you upgrade something you must turn it off for the upgrade to take effect. I will keep en eye on it.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
That doesn't sound quite right, but if it's fixed for good, then you're golden. Do let us know if the issue comes back.