AP-74 INOP but A/P works fine

dahugo

Until today my ap74 worked fine. Today, it is inop. I can engage the autopilot in all modes through the Dynon Flightdek 180, and when so engaged, the appropriate lights come "on" on the AP74. HOwever, none of the ap74 buttons work (meaning I push them and i cannot engage/disengage a/p, nor set the vert or horizontal mode).

Help please?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
1. The usual cause for this is that the AP74 (and servos) are not receiving power. Suggest checking power / circuit breakers / switches to your AP system.

2. On the FlightDEK-D180, do the AP buttons work to engage your AP? If yes, the issue would seem to be only in the AP74.

3. On the FlightDEK-D180, suggest you perform another DSAB Configure - Page 7-4 of the FlightDEK-D180 Installation Guide.

If none of these steps restore the function of the AP74, it seems to have failed and requires repair. Please email Dynon Avionics Technical Support - support AT dynonavionics DOT com.

Until today my ap74 worked fine.  Today, it is inop.  I can engage the autopilot in all modes through the Dynon Flightdek 180, and when so engaged, the appropriate lights come "on" on the AP74.  HOwever, none of the ap74 buttons work (meaning I push them and i cannot engage/disengage a/p, nor set the vert or horizontal mode). 

Help please?

dahugo

1. Power is fine. Unit powers up and DSAB reconfiguration found the AP74--all lights come on
2.None of PA74 buttons engage anything
3. autopilot fully functions using FlighDEK 180
4. All AP74 buttons light properly when each AP function is engaged on AP through 180.

Unit obviously needs repair. Need RAN and shipping address, and will print out this email exchange when shipping the item so you guys will know what to look for.

Thanks,

HUGO

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hugo:

Please contact Dynon Avionics Technical Support to arrange for an RMA. By phone (425-402-0433) would be best as we'll likely have to arrange payment for non-warranty repair.

1. Power is fine.  Unit powers up and DSAB reconfiguration found the AP74--all lights come on
2.None of PA74 buttons engage anything
3. autopilot fully functions using FlighDEK 180
4. All AP74 buttons light properly when each AP function is engaged on AP through 180.

Unit obviously needs repair.  Need RAN and shipping address, and will print out this email exchange when shipping the item so you guys will know what to look for.

Thanks,

HUGO