AP-76

PRose

I know over in the Skyview forum there is a thread about the new "advanced" AP that some of us with legacy (D100) have been waiting on.  I asked the question over there and got no answer.

I read where the new version may be the size of a "business card".  Does that mean that it won't match the HS-34, or AP-74 that we currently use?

I have assumed that when the AP-76 that was promised came out it would directly replace the AP-74 at least in size and looks. It would be a shame to have purchased with this advancement in mind, then have to redo the whole panel.

Which will happen?

Thanks
Paul

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
I know over in the Skyview forum there is a thread about the new "advanced" AP that some of us with legacy (D100) have been waiting on.  I asked the question over there and got no answer.

I read where the new version may be the size of a "business card".  Does that mean that it won't match the HS-34, or AP-74 that we currently use?

I have assumed that when the AP-76 that was promised came out it would directly replace the AP-74 at least in size and looks. It would be a shame to have purchased with this advancement in mind, then have to redo the whole panel.

Which will happen?

Thanks
Paul

Paul:

The "size of a business card" reference was applicable to potential panel units to be used for SkyView. No inferences should be made from discussions about potential SkyView panel units in reference to the AP76. Recall that our earlier products and SkyView are two completely different product lines.

PRose

So does that mean that the coupled AP that you're developing for Skyview won't be compatible with the Legacy units?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
So does that mean that the coupled AP that you're developing for Skyview won't be compatible with the Legacy units?

Yes - Dynon's "Legacy" (your word) products and SkyView system use different networking and protocols.

DBRV10

So will the AP76 ever see the light of day?

Those of us who went this way expecting the AP76 one day, will have a high degree of expectation.

Disappointment will be a bad advertisement, and we all know that it is harder to win customers than keep those you have. In this case the word of mouth can work for or against you. Those of us who spread lots of good word of mouth could lose our voice :-X

What is the current policy?

PRose

I don't understand why we have to "beat around the bush" on the AP-76.  The question remains, "Will it happen for the D-100 series or not"? And if so, when. 

I believe this is a fair question since it's been promised since the beginning and many of us counted on it.

Thanks

PRose

So Dynon, is there going to be a coupled autopilot released for the D-100 Series?  It's been at least a couple of years since it was last promised.  I just want to know, as do others, I'm sure.

Thanks