AP not tracking flight plan

KNicholas2

I love flying!
I created a flight plan in Voyager and then converted it to .gpx format in GPS Visualizer. Then loaded it into Skyview. The autopilot recognized waypoint(s) but will not fly from one to another. The AP will fly to a waypoint, but it then just keeps on flying on that track - it will not turn to the next waypoint in the flightplan.
Is this an issue with the conversion from Voyagers format to the .gpx or am I doing something wrong with the AP setup?
Thanks!

Kim Nicholas
Seattle RV9A

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
First, make sure you're flyign NAV, not TRK. TRK is similar to HDG, but follow a bug that's tied to GPS ground track (direction), not magnetic heading. Next, as you pass a waypoint, you should see the next segment turn from white to magenta. The magenta leg is the currently active leg.

Also, if you attach the .gpx file to this thread we can take a look at it and see if we see what you're seeing.

KNicholas2

I love flying!
Thanks - but maybe I am missing a critical step here. How to I get it to "NAV" mode for the AP? When i go to AP mode, I see options for TRK or HDG but not "NAV". Maybe that is where I am going wrong.

Kim Nicholas

mmarien

Murray M.
You probably don't have a NAV source selected. It's in the PDF menu. One of the buttons will be NAVSRC. Press it to cycle through the NAV sources. Page 4-7 of the User Guide. The current NAV source is displayed on the PDF. GPS 0 on the following screen which is usually the SV-GPS-250. Once you have a NAVSRC selected you will have HDG, TRK and NAV in the AP MODE menu.

NAVSRC.jpg

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
I created a flight plan in Voyager and then converted it to .gpx format in GPS Visualizer.  Then loaded it into Skyview.  The autopilot recognized waypoint(s)  but will not fly from one to another.  The AP will fly to a waypoint,  but it then just keeps on flying on that track - it will not turn to the next waypoint in the flightplan.
Is this an issue with the conversion from Voyagers format to the .gpx or am I doing something wrong with the AP setup?
Thanks!

Kim Nicholas
Seattle   RV9A
Kim:
In SkyView, do you see all the legs of the imported flight plan? If so, the SkyView AP should fly leg to leg of the active flight plan.