AP pitch up problem

EBierman

Good Day All
I have a Dynon Skyview touch system with A/P and SV-AP-panel installed. current software on the system is SW ver: 15.4.7. If you engage the flight director, then the flight director will indicate wings level but with a +/- 30 deg nose up attitude. The flight director will do this when the Alt or Vs mode is selected, even if there are NO pre-selected altitude or vs value's that have been entered.To my knowledge the flight director has to be level in the pitch and roll axis when pressed and only after a value have been entered in the alt or vs mode should it indicate a angel the correlates with the values that has been entered. Also if you press the Level button the wings stay level but puts the plane into a climb and does not level out at any ALT. What could cause the Flight director bars from indicating a pitch up condition with no values entered, is there a way to setup the flight director bars.Where does the flight director bars get its information from?

Everything i tested so far:
Software up date 15.4.7
G meter is showing 1
Replaced ADHARS 200
Replaced pitch and roll servo
In flight setup procedures

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

DBRV10

Are you doing this on the ground?

Why did you replace all that hardware?

Next thing worth asking is what are your pitch servo settings?

Perhaps video a demonstration of what you are doing and post it here.

EBierman

Thank you for your reply
The aircraft does the same in the air or on the ground as soon as you press the level button or switch on the flight director the command bars goes up indicating and going in to a climb.
The AP speeds is set as max 130 kts and min 74 kts the aircraft is a sling 4

I swapped out the hardware to eliminate a faulty part as i was advised by technical support to send in pitch servo in for repair

Attachments

• 20200616_081539.jpg
    20200616_081539.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 184

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
This likely wouldn't be a servo issue if the command bars are indicating a want to pitch up. What does the G-meter look like, out of curiosity? The autopilot obeys certain limits, including bank angle, the speeds in that setup menu, and also G-limits.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Also, I think you're in touch with our support team, so continue the conversation there. I believe they're interested in what the aircraft does in ALT HOLD vs LEVEL mode