AP TRIM MALFUNCTION error

BrentC48

I love flying!
I've replaced my Ray Allen trim motor with a new one per recommendation from Vans. Previous one worked very well with Skyview/AP Module and auto trim. I've gone into EMS hardware menu to update the configuration and indicator on the Skyview screen. Screen seems fine. Manual trim button correctly moves the trim and the screen shows the current position. But I've been getting this AP TRIM MALFUNCTION error popping up when I use the autopilot and auto trim feature. No other wiring was changed so I assume its a configuration issue. Cannot seem to find anywhere a clear explanation for Trim Configuration page as to what I need to adjust to address this, but there is a numeric setting for "malfunction". Was set at 16. Suggestions?

Last edited:

skysailor

Try going into the Hardware Calibration>Elev trim menu. Calibrate the elevator trim and then run the test.

djones

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
Go to the setup menu's, go to HARDWARE CALIBRATION > TRIM MOTOR CONFIGURATION > SV-AP-TRIMAMP INSTALLED and set it to NO.
That is the certified trimamp and will cause the trim malfunction warning if set to yes without the trimamp installed.