AP74 in certified airplane

peterjaypriest

I love flying!
I've recently had a D10A installed in my certified airplane, and have the EAA STC.

The required placard clearly states I must disregard all non-attitude information from the D10A.

It would be really great to use the heading bug.  (I have no autopilot- just a plain vacuum DG.) 

I did have the remote magnetometer and OAT probe installed.

Is there some way I could buy and legally install the AP74 module, just for conveniently setting the heading bug (and maybe set the barometer?)

Thanks,

Peter

Robski

Hang on! I've got an idea!
Is there some way I could buy and legally install the AP74 module, just for conveniently setting the heading bug (and maybe set the barometer?
I know where you are coming from on this. I have the D100 + D120 in my RV6 and fitted the AP74 at the same time so I could have the knob for setting the pressure, heading and level. It is much nicer/quicker than tapping buttons.
Having said all that, it's a lot of money just for a knob.
However, I will be fitting some AP servos sometime so it in my case it was an investment for the future.

Additionally, my setup is not an 'approved' Dynon configuration even for an experimental, let alone for a certified bird. I only wanted to rejig my panel once. If the AP74 hadn't worked I would have just pulled its breaker and left it dead until the arrival of the servos.