AP74 not recognized

jaba-who

Had a problem arise a couple of days ago.
After an hour or so of flight I got a hum in my
Headsets then intermittent crackling. I noticed the lights on the AP74 blinking in time with the crackling. When I landed I opened the panel and jiggled all the connections. None were overtly disconnected.
Then when took off again the hum remained but now all AP74 lights were on and nothing changes when any button pressed. Constant all lights on.
Autopilot still worked when I used joystick button to engage and disengage but couldn't change anything using the AP74.

Now tried reconfiguring but the D180 only finds itself and the 2 servos. No AP74. Lights are on but no one's home!

Anything I can do, test or try here before I put it in a box and send it away for repair.

John Martin

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If all the lights are on, that means it's getting power but it's not on the network. Could be a failed AP74, or it could be wiring. If you think you've checked out the wiring (check that the pins are firmly seated in the DB25 connector, in particular, we'd be happy to take a look at the unit.

jaba-who

Yep, went as far as pulling the plug apart to check nothing had come adrift inside the plug. All looks ok. I guess I should just double check the continuity by plugging it into a dummy socket just to be sure about the contacts in the plug itself. If that's ok I'll put it in a box and mail it back.