ASCII data stream

sweenet1953

Hello everybody,

I have the EFIS-D10 installed and working well. My only problem is in reading the data stream from the 232 port. My laptop communicates well (uploads checklists, set speeds) but all I get when using HyperTerm is gibberish.

I'm sure that this has to do with the settings used - but I've tried a bunch of different setups with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Otherwise, all I get are oohs and aahs!

Thanks,

Tim RV7A

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Tim,

The settings are:

115200 baud
8 data bits
No parity
One stop bit
No flow control

These settings should work, assuming your COM port is set correctly.

K

KRviator(Guest)

In reference to the serial data output, how often does it update in terms of updates per second?

S

s one...KRviator(Guest)

Another quick question in addition to my previous one,
Are there any plans to include VSI data in the data stream?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
There are no current plans to add VSI to the data stream.

We send out everything required to regenerate a EFIS screen on another device on the ASCII data stream, but to keep the load on the processors low, we don't send out more than is needed. VSI can easily be calculated from the altitude data since the update rate is 64Hz, so we regenerate VSI when we display this on other units like the EMS.

Jim_Talbot

My serial data showed errors in the Hr, Min, Sec and Sec_frac data while using V02.04.
The data didn't match the time on the D10A
Yesterday I downloaded and installed V02.08. The time data now appears to be correct.
Was this a recognised problem with V02.04?
Also there is now extra data after the AOA string. Is this data for a second display?
Can you give further info on this?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi Jim,

We've not heard of that problem specifically. Is it possible that the clock on the EFIS was showing Zulu time prior to the upgrade?

As for the extra data, that's described in our latest User's Guide Addenda document. The primary reason for the extra data is for increased flexibility in sharing displays between Dynon products. Currently, you can display an EFIS on an EMS-D10 screen.

Jim_Talbot

Thanks for the info

The Hr and Min fields would increment at the correct rate, but appeared to start at random values every time. It bore no relation to either the Zulu or Local times on the D10A screen.

Anyway, it is now working correctly with V02.08

Jim