Audio Panel Recommendations

richardreh

If you want to have 2 radio's. Dynon recommends the PS Engineering's 5000ex. yes it has a good price. Because it has no warranty, if you put it in yourself. Read the first page of the installation manual "The product warranty is not valid unless this product is installed by an
Authorized PS Engineering dealer
."

jakej

I'm not a PS-Engineering Dealer & have no issues with warranty however I do install work for a living - I guess they may be fed up with people who don't have many skills/experience making warranty claims unecessarily due to bad install work.
They have excellent products however there is a way around this if you still want warranty - buy the PS unit from an aftermarket supplier as they have to supply a harness for Tso'd units & can do the same foe 'experimental' aircraft.
HTH ;)

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So we can't speak for PS engineering, and I agree that's what the manual says, but I think the interstitial page you get when you click on the documentation for the product tells the fuller story and the spirit of what they're trying to communicate, which is that they either want it installed professionally or with a known good harness that they'll manufacture: http://www.ps-engineering.com/images/NoticePMA5000EX.htm.