Auto Airport Diagram

D

DHeal

How about: When one scrolls the MAP SCALE down to its lowest range setting (< 0.3 nm), the next scroll twist automatically calls up and displays the destination airport's surface diagram?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You can press and hold the MAP button when on the ground to switch to the airport diagram. It doesn't work in flight because it also works to alternate between the map and plates in flight.

Zooming all the way in might snap you to hundreds of miles away if that's where your last airport is, even if you are landing at an intermediate airport. Is that what you want?

D

DHeal

Well, I tried doing this (Press and hold MAP on the ground) with my SV Classic and it doesn't do that -- I tried for both the origin and destination airports. How can I do this?

W

William_Ince

Well, I tried doing this (Press and hold MAP on the ground) with my SV Classic and it doesn't do that -- I tried for both the origin and destination airports.  How can I do this?
Do you have the Seattle Avionics Charts data base loaded in your respective USB port?

D

DHeal

Yes, I have the SA VFR Sects and airport diagrams installed via full-time chip in USB port.  I do not load any IFR charts. I have no problem viewing the airport diagrams except the suggested "Push and Hold MAP" function doesn't work for me.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
If you pull it up manually, is there a diagram for the airport that you're trying to see? And do you see your airplane georeferenced on it? Finally, does the center press of that joystick work properly? To test, use it to move the cursor off the airplane. Then click just click it. Does it recenter on the airplane?

D

DHeal

Yes Dynon, my SV Classic does all of those things you mentioned in the above.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I'm a bit stumped, I admit. What version of SkyView software are you on? Also, how long have you pressed/held for? It takes about 1-2 seconds before it brings up the chart, and it needs to be the knob that controls (zooms/pans) the map.

D

DHeal

Yup, I tried your suggestion today and it pulled up the airport diagram as intended. I must've been poking the MAP button the wrong way that day. :D As always, thanks for the assistance!