Auto display Airport diagram

Glongpilot

With the HDX screen, is it possible to have an airport diagram automatically pop up on landing? If so, is there a setting somewhere for that. I have not found one.

owenssonex

I believe the only option is to press hold the right (map) knob once you have landed. Assumes you have a Seatle avionics or airmate subscription, airport diagrams downloaded to a usb drive, and the USB drive connected to your skyview.

Glongpilot

I believe the only option is to press hold the right (map) knob once you have landed. Assumes you have a Seatle avionics or airmate subscription, airport diagrams downloaded to a usb drive, and the USB drive connected to your skyview.
Thanks for the reply. I am assuming that may be the case.

MikeD

Is there any way to display the airport diagram on the entire screen? If not, add it to the wish list along with it automatic display upon landing.

andresmith76

I love flying!
Yes - I've detailed the procedure for displaying airport diagram's full-screen on the following thread:

MikeD

Yes - I've detailed the procedure for displaying airport diagram's full-screen on the following thread:
Nice!! Thanks for posting

MikeD

That procedure is likely a bug, not a feature
Agreed. I tired 8 times and only got it to work once in the hangar today. I tried originating the request from both the PFD and MFD. No joy. It was nice when it did work. I was able to to fill the entire screen with the plate.

Spert

Twice this week, after loading the latest chart data set, I have landed at airports and when I pressed the right knob to bring up the airport diagram, as I always do, it failed to bring up the diagram and gave me a "No chart selected" alert. If I go into the info page and select the plate for display, it shows it, but without my aircraft on it. There is a small aircraft symbol X'd out in the lower right corner. There was no issue with my GPS solution at the time. Anyone else seeing this?

chriscalandro

Yes. I’m seeing this too. There are actually 2 airport diagrams in this current set of charts. One is not geo referenced (probably the one you opened) and the other is and works normally.

Very annoying for sure. I was curious if it was just me but I guess not.

Bob Y

Wonder if your geo reference issue is the problem with the latest database update? If you downloaded it before they fixed it, you may have to delete them and reload?

Spert

Excellent! Download is running so I can check it tomorrow. Thanks for pointing out that notice. I had missed it entirely.