auto pilot button will not engage

mhubel

On my D180 auto pilot installation with two servos, the button which always would disengage and engage it (with a 3 second hold), will no longer engage the autopilot. The button has been replaced (thinking it is noisy). It will properly disengage the autopilot but it will not engage with a 3 second push. When one holds it for a long time, the AP text blinks on but will not stay on. There is no AP module, the servos are directly connected to the D180. Any suggestions?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Have the control wheel sterring / push to engage options under SETUP > AP > BUTTON CONFIG changed by chance?

Can you turn on the AP via the AP menu options?

mhubel

The settings have not changed and this is an intermittent problem. This week it worked correctly, last week, it would only disengage the AP. When it does not work, sometimes when the button is held long enough, one can see the AP briefly enabled then it goes back to disabled.
At all times the menu functions work and the AP can be turned on from the menu.

Orf

I have two Skyview displays that are interconnected and have an auto pilot that used to fly a flight plans on the HSI setting. For some reason the button on either Skyviews will no longer engage the auto pilot to the flight plan. The TRK ALT button still works but not the HSI ALT.
On the PLAN display the NAVIGATE sign will light up and the track line appears but going to the AUTO PILOT display the HSI button will not let me engage. Pressing the button does make the sign flicker but not engage.
What has happened and how do I get the HSI system to work?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Most likely your HSI Source on your PFD is not set to SkyView. Can you see a course deviation indicator on the HSI?

Orf

I am not sure if I understand your question (terminology) but the HSI has a a bug and the map shows the track line. The display says that Skyview is the source of the GPS.
If the course deviation indicator is a line that shows which way to turn to get back on track I am not sure without looking at the display (poor memory).
Should there be a course deviation indicator? What does it look like? How do I turn it on?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
If you have a flight plan active (in SkyView, even a simple "direct-to" is enough), and your HSI is set to SkyView, you should see the course deviation indicator on the HSI. Perhaps take a picture next time you're in the plane and are seeing this issue? Email them to support at dynonavionics dot com, and we can likely get more specific in terms of advice once we're seeing what you're seeing.