Auto pilot has strange behavior

exbo3388

Help!! I hope someone has seen this before or has a good suggestion...
RV-8 with D10A, AP74, pitch and roll servos, driven by Ifly 740 and SL30 through a source disconnect switch.
Enroute flight is very smooth in both axis. When a GPS approach is selected, the CDI needle is centered until about 2 miles from the runway, then the aircraft begins to roll right. As expected, the CDI needle deflects left. If I hand fly the approach or use heading mode the aircraft flys down the runway centerline with the CDI needle centered. There is similar problem with the SL30 selected to an ILS, only it is amplified.
The D10A was just returned to service after several internal components were replaced.
Again, my basic understanding is if there is enough information in the serial data stream, the CDI will display correctly and the A/P will follow the CDI indication. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It should follow the CDI, as you say. Any chance you can get a picture or video of the behavior as it emerges, ideally showing both the PFD and HSI pages, and send them to support at dynonavionics dot com?