Auto pilot kill switches

s24789

Looking for some guidance. Do folks have anything in addition to the stick AP on off and cb ? Have there been issues of the stick switch failing and not being able to get to the cb quicker enough ?

:-/

DBRV10

You are worrying about nothing.

The disconnect switch works well. If you have an AP74 the big engage / disengage works fine....

C/B is a last resort, but I can not imagine ever having to use it. Besides you can over ride the servo or break the shear screw if you ever get that desperate.

Relax and enjoy! :)

dodsond

I would not contradict anything said in this thread, but I would add that switches do sometime fail, therefore do include a pullable circuit breaker for the servo power where the pilot can reach it in flight. Mine is a little ways across the cockpit, but I do have it.  The failure is an unlikely event, but the consequences relatively severe.

I used primarily fuses in my airplane, but that is one of 4 circuit breakers I have.  The others are one for each of two alternator over-voltage circuits, and a buss cross-tie which is for convieniece only.