Auto Pilot "reverse" sensing

rtairey

I have both roll and pitch servos installed in my Skyview network, they are configured and tested. However, on the set up menu pitch page, it indicates that the pitch servo is "reversed". I have followed all wires and they appear to be connected correctly. Roll servo shows "not reversed" I cant seem to find any documentation on this topic. Any suggestions?

mmarien

Murray M.
It's just an easy method for installation as it doesn't matter how they are wired or installed. When you configure them they figure out which way they have to move for pitch up/down and roll left/right.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The "reverse" line on the SERVO STATUS page is only displayed as diagnostic information for Dynon personnel if we get involved in troubleshooting a servo installation.

If your servo installation passes the servo calibration procedure successfully, that's all that matters.

rtairey is correct that the orientation of the servo as it's installed does not matter. Going through the calibration process "teaches" the "servo" (in reality, position feedback from the servo's processor sent to the software in the SkyView Display) which direction the arm should move, how much the arm should move, on which servo, is appropriate for manipulating the controls correctly.