auto pilot using SkyDemon flight plan

MGoodacre

Hi

Can anybody give me a brief run down of the set up procedure for using an external flight plan (SkyDemon) to run the Skyview autopilot ?
I can export the plan to Skyview ok but unsure of which mode I should be using - expert or simple mode and from there onwards...?

aircraft fitted with pitch and roll servos and has the expert panel with connected electric trim

Regards

Mark

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Fundamentally, you're importing/exporting the flight plan, which is completely independent of the autopilot in that sense. The Autopilot will follow whatever is on the HSI. If the HSI is set to the SkyView flight plan (which was previously imported via SkyDemon), it will fly in either expert or simplified mode (when set to HSI+ALT in simplified mode, or NAV mode in expert). So the rough steps are:

Connect your ipad to SkyView's wifi
Fire up SkyDemon, make your flight plane. Make sure it's set up to talk to SkyView, if there are any steps needed to do so (I'm not too familiar with SkyDemon's interface).
Send the flight plan form SkyDemon to SkyView.
Make sure the HSI is set to SkyView's flight plan (which now reflects what you sent over from SkyDemon).
Autopilot to HSI+ALT or NAV mode, for simplified/expert respectively.
Win!