Auto zoom

funflying

Has there been any interest in an auto-zoom feature. It would have a setting when you got with a set distance from your waypoint the map screen would begin to auto-zoom making your approaching area more detail. This would be something which could be turn on or off. Any interest or requests before?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
This is not currently a feature of SkyView. I don't recall that we've heard that particular feature request previously.

Has there been any interest in an auto-zoom feature. It would have a setting when you got with a set distance from your waypoint the map screen would begin to auto-zoom making your approaching area more detail. This would be something which could be turn on or off. Any interest or requests before?

N74846

I love flying!
I previously suggested this without any feedback. It is a great feature available elsewhere and would be a great add-on.

NASA515

I love flying!
If you put it on the List, please make sure you have an ON/OFF switch.  I hate the feature!  I have two Garmin GPS's in vehicles.  The older has this feature - ON/OFF switchable.  I tried it and it made me positively dizzy, zooming in and out and doing its own thing.  After a brief trial, I turned it off.

My newer unit has the feature and you can't turn it off.  It drives me nuts and almost makes the system unusable.  It's never at the zoom level I want and there's nothing I can do about it.

"Open the pod bay doors, HAL."
"I'm afraid I can't do that, Dave"

Bob Bogash
RV-12
N737G

kellym

I love flying!
Please put it on the list !!
Several GPS systems I have used had this feature. It is good IF it only auto-zooms upon approaching destination.
Auto-zoom for passing flight plan way points is less useful.

rogersmart

I have used this also on other systems. I like the idea of auto zoom, however the execution has never satisfied me. The auto zoom changes too often and as you approach the waypoint, the map is changing so often it will make you dizzy.
If this is a feature that Dynon chooses to add, 1) on-off is essential. 2) the algorithm controlling the zoom needs to be sophisticated enough to make the changes smooth, timely and when close to waypoint stop zooming.