Autopilot certification PA-24

GT3

There are almost certainly 10x the number of PA28 variants flying than PA24. Lets call a spade a spade. Its a current production airplane vs. one that production ended 50 years ago. I would love if the PA24/30/39 got the love first, but from a financial standpoint, especially with the number of flight schools throwing money at older airframes, it doesn’t make sense
I’m sure your numbers are very close to reality and I would never debate that. My point, if there is a point to this, is that from what I’ve seen, people in 28s do not generally upgrade their panels to the level that would translate to a Dynon AP installation. I personally know 5 PA28 owners and every single one told me the same thing when they saw my loaded dual HDX suite “OMG, that is amazing!! I would LOVE to have that but not in this, it’s too slow and has short legs, I’m waiting to buy something else and then I’ll do it…”. With regards to flight schools, my experience is that they either have old beaters and run them to the ground while spending the least amount of money possible on them or they buy brand new birds and don’t apply in this specific conversation. Anyhow, don’t want to sound like I’m looking to argue or pick a fight, just shooting the proverbial shit and what the hell do I know! lol

charliesolo

I just installed a Trio autopilot in my Dynon Skyview-equipped PA-24. It's OK; compared to most of what I have previously flown it's really a good system. Unfortunately, the plane I just sold was a 172 with Skyview and integrated Dynon AP. That kind of spoils you for everything else.

Even though I just bought and installed the Trio, I would rip it out tomorrow and replace it with Skyview components. If / as soon as the Dynon AP is ever made available for my Comanche, I will be an enthusiastic buyer.

Reactions: GT3

GT3

I just installed a Trio autopilot in my Dynon Skyview-equipped PA-24. It's OK; compared to most of what I have previously flown it's really a good system. Unfortunately, the plane I just sold was a 172 with Skyview and integrated Dynon AP. That kind of spoils you for everything else.

Even though I just bought and installed the Trio, I would rip it out tomorrow and replace it with Skyview components. If / as soon as the Dynon AP is ever made available for my Comanche, I will be an enthusiastic buyer.
That is unfortunate but what I expected… Thank you for sharing!
@Dynon lets gooooooo!