Autopilot Disconnects itself

TRCsmith

On the last three flights my autopilot disconnected it self several times. No warning on the messages. Also on this one hour flight today the Dynon nav lost position about three times for one second each. I checked the connections and ,autopilot switch inflight, could not duplicate. Any ideas? heading to OSH next week.
Thank you
Tom

airguy

The autopilot disconnects when the stick button is grounded - you could have a wire chafing and intermittently shorting to ground for that wire, and the Skyview will interpret that as a command to disconnect the autopilot.

TRCsmith

The autopilot disconnects when the stick button is grounded - you could have a wire chafing and intermittently shorting to ground for that wire, and the Skyview will interpret that as a command to disconnect the autopilot.
I've check for a grounding issue. I'll play around with it today see what I can find.

airguy

Pull the user logs and parse it for the AP disconnect command. You'll be able to see exactly when, and for how long, the command was received by the system. It won't tell you from where, but it's a start.