autopilot error on first operation of 2012 build

Andrew_Landis

I love flying!
I am a test pilot flying a CH750 with a Dynon System. SV-D700/SV-D1000 Version: 3.3.2.1094 RCS:r28073 Built on April 12 2012. The system works fine except for 2 issues. There a fuel level calibration error and a roll and pitch error. (see attached picture) It seems the first step is to update the base program. I downloaded the complete update and the incremental update but both uploads to the Dynon resulted in failure with the message given that the file was corrupt. Should I try again to download and update the unit or am I missing something here?

Attachments

• Dynon_Error_Message.PNG
    Dynon_Error_Message.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 161

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So the roll/pitch error most likely implies that the autopilot servos were at one time configured, but they aren't receiving power at that moment. If you have a separate AP switch or breaker in the airplane that is off, you'd see this. It could also imply a deeper configuration issue that could be solved by going through the AP installation section of the installation manual.

Similarly, the CAL! on the fuel level most likely means that the fuel tank senders were not calibrated, which is done by incrementally pouring fuel into the tanks. If that has been done, and a number has previously been shown for fuel level, there might be something else going on. But most likely they're just not calibrated.

The update not downloading correctly could be the USB stick being corrupt, or possibly the download not completing fully. Try a different USB stick first, and make sure that the file that you are copying is in the neighborhood of 100 Mb in size.