autopilot in lancair 320

RichDenisar

I have a lancair 320. I recently completely rebuilt my panel by eliminating my Blue-mountain efis and autopilot which I was completely unsatisfied with, and converting to a dynon autopilot. I already had a dynon D100 and D120.

I now have a dynon d100, D120, HS34, and AP74, and 2 sv32 servos. While the panel was at home I wired everything and even wired the servos on a table configured everything and it worked. I then tool the panel to the airport installed it into the plane and re-configured it and calibrated the servos. I love the Dynon equipment, understandable and easy to wire.

During flight tests, Various items continually were LOST. The hs 34 would flash on occasion as well as the D120. At some point I did manage to test the autopilot by using the D100 to control it and was delightfully surprised that my guesses for servo settings were very close on the first attempt. I assume that I had a loose wire. I have completely checked the wires both DSAB and power. Since all this occured I now have another problem. I know I had it wired properly, because at one point everything worked on the test stand and on the ground. I have since double checked connections, and rewired.

This is my current problem. For whatever reason the dynon 100 will no longer recognize the ap74 or the servos. And now I cannot seem to get the d100 to go to the update screen. I may have made a mistake at onepoint and tried to update the d100 but had the other items powered, and since have had this problem. From my brief opportunity to test this system I was so excited. Held heading well, held altitude within 20 feet, did 180's perfectly. Did not get to check it in Nav mode or GPS but I am confident when it gets back online it will work. Help help any suggestions? My D120 does not have a backup internal battery.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You might have an actual hardware problem with one of the components, so let's try to narrow it down. To do this, try pulling the power (just unplug the harnesses) to components individually, starting perhaps with the D120 and the HS34 because they'll be the easiest to take out of the equation, and see if that improves things on the AP side of things.

RichDenisar

I have since completely disconnected the ap74 and servos to attempt to just get the D100 to upload but cannot. I was able to get the D120 to go to the update page

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Give tech support a call at 425-402-0433 to get into further troubleshooting steps.