Autopilot in RANS S7S

Hickswm

I love flying!
I would like to install altitude hold servo in my RANS S7S with a D180. Can it be controlled from D180?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Yes, the FlightDEK-D180 can control a single (or dual) Dynon Avionics servo(s). AP functionality was added in v5.0; if your FlightDEK-D180 has firmware earlier than v5.0 (SETUP > VRSION) you'll need to update the firmware.

I would like to install altitude hold servo in my RANS S7S with a D180.  Can it be controlled from D180?

benzh

I love flying!
How did you mount ur servos in the Rans? I am building a S-20 and need mounts.
Thanks

jnmeade

My friend is building an S20 and as of the middle of February, 2016, the tech support guy at RANS said they are starting to produce mounting kits for the AP servos. Now, whether they are for the Garmin or the Dynon, I do not know, but you could call RANS and find out. I suspect it's a Dynon mount, as my friend has indicated a preference for Dynon avionics. If you get a firm response from RANS, maybe you'd post it here.

I'm trying to figure out mounting brackets for my new S7. The mounts for the old S7 don't work for me.

davedubb

FYI: The mounting pattern for the Garmin servo is the same as the Dynon, MGL, and Trutrak.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Dynon Avionics has only a recommendation for a Ran's S19, and that is for an SV42 for both pitch and roll.

The SV42 is a reasonable servo to start with if we cannot offer a specific recommendation, as with the Ran's S7S.

Can a sv42 work satisfactorily on the Rans s7s for pitch control?